In this article, we will highlight the top 5 non-tech jobs that let you start working remotely. We also included their salaries and job requirements.
If you’re looking to get into the non-profit sector, make sure to tailor your resume correctly.
1. Customer Service Representative
In some cases, customer service representatives are required to sell services the company offers. Therefore, the role sometimes includes aspects of sales and marketing.
To be eligible for this non-tech remote working job, you need to:
- Answer questions and solve any myriad of problems customers might have
- Provide an excellent customer service experience so to create repeat customers
- Have the ability to empathize with customers and advise them without sounding condescending
- Be able to solve logical problems with ease
- Learn to use whichever tech equipment the company requires.
- Have tons of patience
Costumer service rep salary
Who said helping others isn’t rewarding? You can earn $30,000-40,000 a year with this job while working from home.
2. Online Tutor
- You will connect with students of all ages and from all over the world to help them with subjects you specialize in
- You need to be empathetic and easy-going
- You need to be knowledgeable about the subjects you teach Strong written and oral skills to communicate with students is a must
- A fast internet connection and basic computer skills
Online Tutor Salary
Online tutors earn around $20 an hour on average.
Online writers can work as freelancers or with writing companies.
Content writers have all sorts of backgrounds. However, they all must have a strong command of language and an ability to explaining things clearly and efficiently.
Online Writer Salary
The average income for salaried writers is $48,640 per year. It’s impossible to pin down the average salary of writers in general because there are so many kinds of freelance arrangements. However, Whopayswriters.com is a fabulous resource to research what writers earn per word.
4. Speech-Language Pathologist
You need significant educational and clinical qualifications to become a speech pathologist. That means a master’s degree as a start. On top of that, this career requires clinical experience and a licence. For more information, check out this guide.
Speech Language Pathologist Average Salary
Speech-language pathologists earn $73,400 a year on average.
5. Virtual Assistant
- As a virtual assistant, you will be needed for anywhere from a couple of hours to 20 hours a week. You might be allotted to a single individual or a team to communicate with.
- As a virtual assistant, you need work quickly and be patient.
- Strong English skills are usually essential.
Virtual assistant average salary
Virtual assistants earn an average rate of around $15 an hour.